Tiddlywinks Nursery School Events and celebrations
Tiddlywinks Nursery School newsletter is updated termly with new weekly events within the nursery. All dates and events are available to view on MySchoolApp which creates a calendar in your device with all the set event days, so you will never miss out! All urgent information is also shared via MySchoolApp along with the termly newsletter which helps the nursery go paperless!
Tiddlywinks Nursery School Stay and Play Session
Tiddlywinks Nursery School host ‘Stay and Play Events’ every term which help be in partnership with our parent/carers and community. They encourage parents to meet one another and gives an opportunity to communicate with your child’s key carers. We host the stay and play sessions from 9:30AM – 12:00PM.
All parent/carers are welcome to attend, maximum 2 parent/carers per child.
The stay and play events vary we normally theme them with the month:
- Mothers Day Stay and Play
- Father’s Day Stay and Play
- Gardening Stay and Play
- Pottery class Stay and Play
- Easter Bunny Stay and Play
- Scarecrow making Stay and Play
- Christmas hot chocolate Stay and Play
Events and celebrations at Tiddlywinks Nursery School:
Most popular events at Tiddlywinks Nursery School:
- World Book Day
- Tiddlywinks car wash
- Macmillian Coffee morning
- Muddle puddle wellie walk
- Duckling day
- Summer ice cream van day
- Children In Need – PJ Party
In house events and celebrations include:
- ZOOLAB – The children at Tiddlywinks Nursery School have the opportunity to meet animals from the ZOOLAB experience, the children watch the demonstration from the ZOOLAB keeper and are able to touch the animals with guidance.
- Talespin theatre company – The children at Tiddlywinks Nursery School love this event, Taplespin theatre visit the nursery setting and perform a grand show during the nursery day. The children are able to enjoy an exciting afternoon of giggles with their friends and key carers. Talepspin theatre perform:
- Jack and the beanstalk
- Ugly duckling
- Ducklings visit to Tiddlywinks Nursery School – During the Easter Season ‘Incredible Eggs’ provide unhatched eggs to each nursery setting, where the children can watch the eggs hatch to ducklings. This opportunity is a great learning resource for our Pre-school children, where our nursery teachers will focus on ‘how eggs hatch’ ‘where ducklings come from’ and educate the children on the nature of Ducklings. Once the ducklings are a week old, Tiddlywinks hold a annual duckling race, which takes place in a mini duck pool, this event is normally very popular and a exciting day!
Tiddlywinks Nursery School Annual trip
Tiddlywinks Nursery School annual day trip to Cockfield’s Farm is a fun filled day out for all the children and staff members. The day begins with the coaches who collect all the children from both settings and gather at the farm. The children visit the animals including pigs, cows, goats, lamas, alpacas, reindeer, chickens, sheep, rabbits, guinea pigs and more. They have also have a lovely reptile house with their large resident snake and lizards along with a large tortoise, an array of insects, and even an owl and meerkats.
During the afternoon session the children have the opportunity to play on the indoor resources and the large outside play area. The farm hosts an array of activities over the day including small animal holding, reptile shows, pig washing, bottle feeding goats and lots more, which the children enjoy during the day visit to Cockfield’s Farm. As the day comes to an end the children and nursery practitioners are collected by the coaches and returned back to the nursery setting ready for collection by parent/carers. You can have a sneak peak of all photos from the day trips which can be found via our nursery social media pages.